Airtower Networks, a leading wireless provider and named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Companies by Inc. 2019, delivers total managed services for smart buildings and mobile connectivity. We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Deployment Team. If you’re looking for a career with a fast growing company that's invested in your personal development, a solid compensation package, and a huge opportunity to move up within an organization, see job description below and apply.
The Wireless Project Manager is responsible for managing Construction programs related to the development of wireless facilities. The Project Manager will work with construction managers to accomplish customer objectives. The Project Manager will work with the client to manage feasibility, time frame and scope of work. The role will work with the customer to establish project priorities and goals for project performance including budget, schedule, forecasting, and timely achievement of milestone complete dates for project(s) consistent with the requirements of the client contract and management expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with Construction Managers and assist in all aspects of project.
- Establish, implement and maintain standardized procedures for tracking of deliverables and update of market trackers.
- Work with personnel, managers, client and client legal team to resolve business and legal approval issues.
- Evaluate current procedures and recommend changes to improve efficiency. This includes overall operations, use and implantation of technology and targeted recruitment efforts.
- Manage quality control, data entry and tracking documentation.
- Manage the overall coordination, scheduling and tracking of site visits and technical team visits with various departments.
- Manage preparation and update of site status reports/databases.
- Act as point of escalation for clients while continuing to participate in all site status calls, meetings and reporting as required by customer.
- Own financial aspects of project including milestone billing and project accounting
- Establish and implement internal reporting using deployed software tools to allow for senior management to quickly ascertain project status.
- Travel to other markets as needed.
Experience and Skills Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years relevant work experience.
- A strong communicator and a great listener, enabling you to interact effectively with internal teams and clients.
- Excels in self‐directed environment.
- A work ethic to drive projects and tasks to finish on time, overcoming any obstacles along the way.
- The expertise to solve problems, drawing on your past experience and using existing resources to effectively resolve any issues.
- A desire to take the initiative, seizing opportunities when you see them.
- Excellent computer/reporting skills, including a high level of proficiency with MS Excel and other database/project management tracking tools.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and work effectively with limited supervision. Highly motivated “self-starter” able to work under aggressive project schedules.
- Strong financial acumen to ensure projects are delivered on budget and within acceptable performance margins.
- A motivator – the ideal candidate will have the ability to aggressively manage a team while maintaining a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Read and understand design plans to ensure smooth deployment of systems.
- Familiarity with Wireless network architecture
- Basic Electrical knowledge including open/closed circuits, grounding etc.
- Basic Radio knowledge including wireless frequency bands, power measurements and wireless protocols (CDMA, UMTS, LTE, GSM, WLAN, etc.)
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type, file or lift office supplies up to 25 pounds. The employee may drive for extended periods of time, including all weather and light conditions.
OSHA and PMP certifications preferred.
Familiarity with one or more of the following vendors:
Andrew Commscope / RFS
JMA Wireless – Teko
Anritsu / Kaelus
This position will work up to 60% remote supporting high profile projects nationwide. Travel may be required to job sites, internal office locations, and customer offices up to 40%.
About Airtower Networks
Airtower Networks is a leading wireless provider that delivers total managed services for smart buildings and mobile connectivity. We maximize your investment by providing 5G-ready networks.
Airtower Networks designs, builds and manages next-generation indoor wireless networks — including Cellular, Public Safety, Wi-Fi, and Private LTE — in some of the largest cities in the country.