Airtower Networks, named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Companies and one of the 10 Hottest Companies in Washington DC by Inc. Magazine, delivers total managed services and mobile connectivity for the commercial real estate, enterprise and government sectors. We are looking for a Level 3 DAS Technician to join our West Coast Deployment Team. If you’re looking for a career with a fast-growing company that's invested in your personal development, a solid compensation package, and a huge opportunity to move up within an organization, see job description below and apply.
The Level 3 DAS Technician will be working on active construction sites under the supervision of the Project Manager and Construction Managers. The technician will be responsible for the build quality and regular, detailed status and testing reports. The technician must be willing to work extended hours when needed. The technician will perform the following tasks.
- Ability to utilize basic hand tools including crimpers, wire wrap guns, strippers, wrenches, drills, etc
- Installing DAS wireless equipment; antennas, coaxial, CAT 5/6/7 cable, fiber optic, BBU systems, etc
- Completing Sweep, PIM, and Fiber OTDR testing.
- Fusion Splicing
- Supervise and provide direction to other technicians and contractors
- Know all safety and security requirements and follow them implicitly. Assist in maintaining a safe and hazard free work area.
- Keeping stakeholders, including clients, informed of progress of installation
- Provide detailed project record keeping and testing reports to management and the project team.
- 3-5 minimum years in a hands-on-capacity implementing in-building Wireless Systems such as WiFi, DAS & Small Cell networks
- Read and understand design plans to ensure smooth deployment of systems.
- Fiber and coax installation, testing and troubleshooting experience
- Basic Electrical knowledge including open/closed circuits, grounding etc.
- Basic Radio knowledge including wireless frequency bands, power measurements and wireless protocols (CDMA, UMTS, LTE, GSM, WLAN, etc.)
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Located in the Bay Area
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk much of the time. The employee is also occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Working from heights on ladders, scaffolding or scissor lifts/manlifts
OSHA 30 Required within 60 days of hire date. Certifications Preferred In One Or More Of The Following:
- Corning MobileAccess
- Andrew Commscope / RFS
- Tyco/TE Connectivity
- JMA Wireless – Teko
- Anritsu / Kaelus
This position will work on-site project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and construction environments and requires the lifting of material and/or equipment which may be heavy. Travel is required within the Southern California area. The DAS Technician will work in the company warehouse 10% of the time and on-site at project sites 90% of the time.
About Airtower Networks:
Airtower Networks designs, builds and manages next-generation indoor wireless networks — including Cellular, Public Safety, Wi-Fi, and Private LTE — in some of the largest cities in the country, including Washington D.C., San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
Company Core Values & Beliefs:
Attention to detail